Friday, December 12, 2008

save the toys . . .

ok . . . this is going to be a link-filled post. i came across some info, while reading my way to long list of fave blogs, that really scares me.

i don't like toys that could harm my children. i'm not interested in my children playing with a piece of junk (sorry . . . you can call me a toy snob if you want) from china that might have lead in it.

i love handmade toys. i love the fact that my children have to use their own sounds . . . actually use their imagination to the fullest. i love the fact that their handmade toys are things that will become heirlooms and will, hopefully, be passed onto their children . . . and passed on again to their children.

there is a new law that will go into effect in february that just might make these handmade toys that i (and my kids too) love illegal! yes . . . illegal!

i am not good with details . . . and there are tons of other posts floating around the blogworld that cover this . . . so i am just going to put a few links up if you are interested in learning more about this and how you can help keep the wahm's and wahd's and mom and pop businesses going.

read more here. here. here. here. here. here. here. here. here.

want to help?
write your state representative
sign the online petition

No comments: